6 Steps To A Quality Action Plan
Although, the overwhelming majority of these , who, either, are elected, selected, and/ or, ascend to some position of leadership, begin, with high ambitions, and hopes, aiming/ seeking, to make a real difference, for the higher , for his or her organization.Leading, and making a positive impact, requires dedication, effort, a positive, can – do, attitude, and developing/ employing a well – considered, aptitude, and skill – set! However, no matter, how good, one’s intentions, unless/ until, someone has undergone a professionally designed/ organized, leadership training program, their results may suffer! In essence, the essential component of becoming, and serving, as a good leader, is beginning, strategically, and proceeding, and following, a relevant, well – designed, quality action plan! With that in mind, this text will plan to , briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, what this suggests and represents, and why it matters.
- Do comprehensive strategic planning: Begin, by creating, a true, strategic plan! Look at all relevant factors, including, needs, priorities, goals, and perceptions, and do so, in a sustainable (rather than any populist way)! Far too often, instead of emphasizing, a strategic approach, these planning sessions, revert to mere, gripe – sessions! Understand, the concept is to look at the particular group’s mission, vision, heritage, and purpose, where it has been, is presently, and what, it wants, to be, into the future. The main purpose, should be, to ensure, it proceeds forward, in a relevant, sustainable, evolving, visionary manner!
- Recognize perceptions and priorities, and face reality: One should be, genuinely, empathetic, and effectively listen, and learn, constituents perceptions, and both, perceived, and actual priorities! Face reality, but, instead of looking at obstacles, as problems, think of them, as challenges!
- Create a timeline, and chart of responsibilities: Progress, is best achieved, by looking at a baby – steps, and creating a detailed timeline, so, it is possible to review, how you’re doing, on a somewhat, regular basis! It’s important to know who you can depend on, and, what, each, might add, to the mix, based on the combination of their skills, attitude, experience, and expertise, etc! To get from where you are, to where you might want to be, create a realistic, detailed, chart of responsibilities.
- Primary, secondary, contingencies, and ramifications: Your most – preferred plan, is considered, your primary one. If, you need, to somewhat, tweak – it, have a secondary course/ path, ready, to, hopefully, seamlessly proceed with! Great leaders are ready for every possible, foreseeable contingency, and prepare for potential ramifications (positive, and negative).
- How, why, when?: Prepare for what could be , not only, what is! How might you, best achieve, best? Why would you select, one path, rather then another? When will you prepare/ begin, and how will you be certain, you avoid, procrastination?
- Do it!: In the end – result, nothing counts, unless you begin, and, do it!
A step – by – step, well – considered, action plan, is essential, for a leader, to make any type of significant change, for the better! Are you, up to the task